Monday, April 4, 2011

30 day shred and vacation-time

My preferred workout these days is the 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels from the Biggest Loser. I just finished day 7, and I'm happy to say that I'm actually seeing improvements! :) Now, I can do more of the harder exercises and less of the modified ones.

When I started out I didn't dare try 'real' push-ups, but did the easier version instead. Now, I'm able to do 15 hardcore push-ups before I have to switch to the modified ones. That might not seem like a lot, but it's a great improvement for a wuss like me! I'm in horrible shape, and I have absolutely no strength in my arms whatsoever. I'm changing that right now! :)

I didn't follow everyone's advice on taking before pictures and measurements... But now I'm starting to regret it .... I'm going away on a vacation to Jordan in a couple of days, so I might do semi-before pictures and measurements when I get back. I hope I'll be able to see at least SOME changes when I've completed the 30 work outs!

I'm leaving on Thursday, and I'm contemplating whether to have my last work-out on Wednesday, or just skip that one. On one hand, my body always feel very heavy the day after a work out, and I want to feel my best when on vacation. On the other hand, I want to work out as much as possible before I leave, because I know that I'll probably gain some weight while I'm away. I will try my hardest to maintain my current weight, though - I won't even dream about losing weight (well, it IS hard to stop myself from day dreaming!), because all experience tell me this is impossible.

I won't be too strict with myself, because going to a new country is also about trying all the delicious foods that you don't get at home. That is a very important part of a culture! But I will stay away from candy and empty calories as much as I can. And I'll probably move around more that usual, so maybe it won't be that bad overall.

I'm looking forward to sun and warmth (no more snow! :) - and it better be gone when I get back, too!). But I'm not looking forward to wearing a bathing suit again. I'm currently at what was, until last fall, my all time high weight. So I have a long way to go before I'll be small enough feel comfortable at a beach. Though, to be honest, I'm not sure I'll ever get there.... But, I won't let that stop me from enjoying the vacation. I refuse to hide away just because I'm overweight!

However, come to think of it, is Jordan one of those countries where women wear burka? In that case I might just get a burka swimming suit.... Just kidding! :) But I have to admit part of me wants to hide away in something like that rather than wear a bathing suit. And I know I have to work through these feelings somehow, because I don't think they'll just magically disappear once I've reached my goal weight.

Oh well, that will have to be another day, I'm practically falling asleep at the keyboard, and I still have to shower after my work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment