Thursday, June 2, 2011

Not quitting

I guess anyone reading this blog might have thought that I probably just died from doing level 2 of the 30 day shred, or if, in fact I did survive, I'd just quit alltogether. I have to say, I nearly did. I have trouble with tense neck and shoulder muscles, and all those planks were killers. I had tension headaches for days afterwards, and it took me a week to muster the courage to try again. However, the next time was easier, and since then I've been doing it mostly every two or three days, and while it's still hard, it is bearable.

I'm more than halfway done with level 2, and already dreading level 3. When I think how much of a shock level 2 was for my body, how much worse will level 3 be? On the other hand, I'm dying to go back to level 1 and see how much easier it has gotten. I could do about 15 "real" pushups when I'd completed level 1, can I do more now? I really hope so! :D

I'm really looking forward to completing the shred, as I'm planning to start Couch 2 5K. I've never been able to run, and the thought of being capable of running 30 minutes straight is REALLY motivating. Although I HATE running, I can't wait to try this program and see if it will work for me. I have to admit that I have my doubts that it will, but I've talked to others who felt the same way before starting, and they managed it. So I'm giving it a try, I'm more into working out now than ever before, so that at least is a plus.

While it's very tempting to drop the shred in favor of C25K, or try doing both at the same time, I'm holding back a little. I don't want to be a quitter, the shred is a good workout and I really need the strength training. Also, I know I'm not in good enough shape to do both, especially now that level 3 is right around the corner. However, I do hope that level 3 will be bearable after a while, and at that point I plan to start the C25K. Looking forward to it! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment